Rethink Energy and Design is here to host a dialogue on how to achieve high performance in new commercial buildings. We all know that it requires a complex process involving many players, new tools, and lessons learned each step of the way. At the same time the 2030 Challenge energy/carbon reduction targets ratchet up every year increasing the pressure to get it right. Some of the things we know it will take to get it right include:
- Set energy performance targets early on
- Use a collaborative, integrated design process that maximizes the synergies between climate, use and systems to reduce loads
- Commission the whole building, from design through occupancy
- Ensure that building operators and occupants know how to best interact with their new building
- And, conduct a post-occupancy evaluation to take lessons learned to your next project.
Rethink Energy and Design is here to help you connect to information, tools, and resources—and to each other on the topics above. We hope to provide building professionals with a platform to learn, collaborate and otherwise participate in the dialogue around energy and our built environment.
Be part of the conversation: leave a comment, contact a contributor, or volunteer to write an article or two.
Rethink Energy and Design is brought to you by BetterBricks, the commercial building initiative of the non-profit Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance, which is supported by local electric utilities throughout the Northwest. Through the BetterBricks initiative, NEEA advocates for changes to energy-related business practices in Northwest Buildings. In this era of heightened appreciation for the impact climate change is having on our environment and our economy, energy efficiency is a crucial component in addressing these issues. On BetterBricks.com, you’ll find the information, tools, training and resources to help your building make a difference to your bottom line and the environment.